The concept of god always left me at a loss, so many things felt right, so many wrong.
I found peace in a greater understanding. Tao must be an absolute entity.
ab·so·lute /ˈæbsəˌlut, ˌæbsəˈlut/
1. free from imperfection; complete; perfect:
2. not mixed or adulterated; pure:
3. complete; outright:
4. free from restriction or limitation; not limited in any way:
5. unrestrained or unlimited by a constitution, counterbalancing group, etc., in the exercise of governmental power, esp. when arbitrary or despotic:
6. viewed independently; not comparative or relative; ultimate; intrinsic:
To be absolute, Tao cannot be compared to anything else. If anything were separate from Tao then Tao would not be absolute. All things are part of Tao and Tao exists because of all things.
Tao cannot create a rock it cannot move, as it does not create or move. Tao merely is. Both the rock and the movement of it are part of Tao. We are free to act as we see fit, for Tao does not control us. Tao only provides guidance when we open ourselves to its wisdom.
Tao is the Heaven, the Earth, and the emptiness in between. Tao is our mind, our body, and our soul. To reach perfection is to become one again with Tao.
Understanding this concept made me a man of faith, though I am not a religious man.
Now, take the time to replace every instance of Tao with the word God. May it help you find peace.