9/9/10

Alone with my Tribe.

We are a tribal people in a world that offers us masses and solitude. We struggle to build our community and when we are forced to leave it, spend too much time away from it, or put up with those that want to destroy our delicate infrastructure, we seek solitude.

Nothing feels more satisfying the to be part of a greater whole, not just a person around a group of people, but to feel a part of it. Nothing feels worse to be alone in the crowd, to be looked upon as an outsider as you try and fit in. It oft times leads us to exile ourselves from people, become a full outsider and be safe in our hermit like caves.

I challenge you as I challenge myself today. Build your tribe, connect with those with similar interests, support them, get to know them. Do this without expecting friendship, or even them to care. If enough of us try and build connections with those around us without fear or worry about rejection we will eventually come together as a tribe.

If nothing else, you take the chance to meet some people and might make a friend or two.

17 comments:

  1. such a true article, i might have to try this. cheers :) keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always found those type of belief interesting, althought I don't really have the same opinion myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some pretty penetrative stuff. I wonder how one follows the Way in an age of constant information and indulgence. Needless to say, I'll be following your blog to find out.

    I have a blog as well, which can follow if you're interested. It's the life story of a badass, modern Pecos-Bill-type character told in daily vignettes. I'm looking for actual readers, rather than just clickers/supporters, so if anyone's interested, feel free to take a look. =)

    http://tornadojackson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the words. That made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... that's deep... that's for that :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...food for thought...clickies for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mind is blown good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your words make me brave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty strong words, i agree with you, for a 100 rejections the 1 person that accepts you is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting stuff! I'm a practitioner of the Tao myself. Very refreshing! Kepp up the good work.I'll be here to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete