11/4/10

The Right Wrong

We make so many affirmations of ourselves that we begin to deny parts of who we are. I am no longer this because I am that. This is further labeling. I have spent much time defining myself only to realize I must change as I can no longer grow if bound by these definitions.

Don't just live your life, experience it. Cease the pointless definitions and the struggle to say you are something. Be something. Words are great for conveying knowledge, but do not show the character of a person. Actions and wise words show your character.

Look at every experience in your life. You have many, no matter who you are. Study the moments and understand what you gained from them, good or ill. Look at everything you define yourself as. Study these definitions and make them guidelines of who you are, not shackles that deny you the world.

You are an amazing person who has done amazing things. You have a lifetime of beauty and wonder ahead of you. Don't close your eyes, experience it all.

4 comments: